Business Development Manager
Business development strategy
- Reporting to our Business Development Director, you will actively collect intelligence about our market, clients and competitors and develop business development plans to bring in new business
- You will be creative in your approach to sales and be able to advise on initiatives to improve our process and approach
- Working closely with marketing, you will help define and develop marketing strategies for our B2B offering.
Business development activities
- Open, nurture and close sales opportunities to meet targets, both personally and in collaboration with the wider team
- Seek and attend face to face meetings and calls with prospective clients, building relationships with a variety of stakeholders within target organisations
- Work alongside the Sales Strategy team on the writing of proposals for new and existing clients, including tender responses
- Plan and carry out ongoing business development activities for engagement with new clients: attendance at external events, exhibitions, workshops, seminars, outbound contact, webinars, client briefings and partnerships
- Contribute to case studies, web content, email shots, brochures and other material as required
- Maintain and report on performance metrics for our business development efforts through Salesforce
- Provide other support for commercial development of Freeformers, as required.
The person we are looking for is:
- A consultative salesperson, strong at relationship building and able to actively identify and influence clients' expectations
- Expert at implementing and adhering to processes that lead to results
- Determined and focused with a strong work ethic
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Can write and present clear, compelling arguments for our services
- Highly organised
- 5+ years' business development experience (preferably in B2B) and must be able to demonstrate a track record of closing sales
- Confident working with high-level decision makers
- Experience of Salesforce is a plus.
- Competitive salary, including pension
- Competitive bonus structure
- Personal training budget
- Apple laptop
- Great office in central London
- Training and regular personal development planning.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining what you can bring to this role, along with a CV detailing your relevant experience.
The position is intended to commence as soon as possible.
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling based giving preference to early applicants.